1. Explore how the Head Start Act and the HSPPS impact each other.
2. Discuss the future of these regulations.
3. Share ideas, thoughts and best practices of ongoing leadership about these requirements.
The Head Start Act identifies pages of guidelines that HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. When you are implementing the Head Start Act, there are numerous things to consider, including how decisions impact your program. In this overview, we will explore the Head Start Act and give you time to learn where to find information and dig into the details once you are back at the office. And since the Head Start Act goes hand in hand with the Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS), we will explore the highlights of all of the HSPPS (45 CFR Parts 1301-1305). Our goal is to help you get comfortable with what HS/EHS programs need to follow to stay in compliance. We will pay special attention to the areas of:
• Administrative requirements (definitions, administrative limitations, non-federal match [a/k/a in-kind], following 45 CFR Part 75, recordkeeping)
• Power and functions (governing body, policy council, policy committees and administrative requirements)
• Program requirements overview (health, nutrition, ratios, ERSEA)
• Qualifications and wages (background check and minimum staff requirements)
• And time for your questions too!